CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

They just came in and said that they are going to take the shunt out later today. Tommorrow they will do another CT scan to see if she was able to absorb the spinal fluid on her own. They said they need to give her the chance to have it out.

She pulled out her feeding tube again. She really doesn't like it. We have no idea how she did it. Her hands are tied to the bed and my mom and I went to get something to eat. When we came back the nurse said she had pulled it out. She's a magician!

They also came in and did the swallow test again and she still wasn't able to do it. She just couldn't quite get enough force behind her cough.

She has got a lot secretions in her lungs and they come in every four hours or so and put this vest on her that vibrates her whole body. It supposed to loosen up those secretions so that she can cough them up. If she doesn't cough them up, they worry she will get an infection. But she has been coughing a little better today.

4 comments:

McKall said...

We are praying for you, and we love your family. Your family has always been a great example to us. Please call us if you need anything. Love,Your Former Bishop Brewer and family

Anonymous said...

thank you for keeping me updated. I don't have to ask or call my mom every couple hours.
Tomorrow or tonight if melissa swallows as hard as she can I will try to quit my bad habit (i think. s
So melissa relax if at all posible and pray and breath deep and drink or swallow I bet it seem so hard or plain right out imposible but do it my cousion. You have a lovley spirit and lots of prayers so get as much sleep as possible and relax. If you can believe in yourself and heavenly father you can be back on your feet. Your folks and family are speacial people.

Jamie said...

Me and my little family are praying for you each day. You are always in my thoughts and I hope everything turns out okay. We love you and your family. You are such a sweet girl and such a strong fighter.
Love you,
Josh & Jamie & boys

rachelle said...

Hey Mel, hey I want you to know how much I love you Girl! You are such a sweetheart! Me and my family are praying for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Layne and I have just moved up to pleasant grove this last week, and I hope that I can come visit you as soon as they let visitors in, Stay strong honey, and keep up the good progress. much love, and all my prayers! Rachelle